Wednesday, April 28, 2010

EXP2: The Black Box

I chose Project 5, slide 64, page 67 from the Black Box as it best reflects components of my design. It shows shadow as repetition which allows the design to be spread onto its surroundings creating its own space which is a component of my design. The slide give a sense of free floating which is also a component of my design. The shadow is used to repeat the form that is casting the shadow. The shadow can be broken up by the surface (the environment) onto which the shadow casts. The use of shadow as repetition mirrors the objects, allowing the image to be enlarged on its surroundings, which joins the objects with their environment, which is also reflects a component of my design. It also gives the object a space for itself as the shadow is used as part of the image captured.

No comments:

Post a Comment