Monday, March 29, 2010

short movie downloaded from YouTube that has something to do with the section, stair, or materiality and your scheme.

I have chosen concrete stairs. I designed the stairs as almost a platform in the gallery space as I appreciate the idea of people viewing the artworks from different heights. The artists I have chosen are Richard Goodwin who exhibits photographs and digital imagery of his built work, and Ricky Swallow who focuses mainly on installation artworks.
By having the stair as a platform elevated at different heights, it enables the audience to capture the full potential of the artworks.
I have chosen to use the construction material concrete for the stairs, majority of walls and slabs of the building as it has high compressive strength, which I believe is important when designing a public building.
The following short movie, shows how to build concrete stairs. The following link to the short movie is from the website youtube .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpdMrbRHBLU

No comments:

Post a Comment